Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Dear Andrea,

After meeting you, I gotta say something. I can't keep it in. You are too interesting.

First off, you are very smart and sassy for your age and I know that those two characteristics will make you a strong and brilliant women one day. 

You're better at legos than I am. You built that birthday cake in minutes, and if given just a little more time, you would have built that rescue ax too. You like to challenge yourself. You even said "if I don't try the hard stuff, how am I gonna learn?" Wise words, Andrea. Wise words.

You are a hands-on person and you like to learn new things. You picked up that juggling book and out of nowhere and you decided that you would learn to juggle. While it may have been inappropriate to throw around paper balls at the church, I know you will practice when you get home.

You may not have the strongest family system. You don't have a consistent Daddy any your Momma is a very busy lady just trying to pay the bills. And maybe your older brother can be a bit of a dolt sometimes, but you know what? You got beauty, brains, and brawn to overcome it all. A strong women is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her.

And I'll be there for you to hand you those bricks, just as I did the lego pieces. And once again, I will stand amazed at what you can build. 

Sincerely, 
Your mentor,
Sufia

No comments:

Post a Comment